Monday, May 24, 2010

Travel Plans

Hoping to have all the travel plans finalized tomorrow , so i can plan the next week. Will update with details once available. Good news is that my trip has been cut back to 2 months. Seems as its my first visit to China I can only obtain a 2 month visa and have to leave the country 30 days after arriving and then re-enter. Have been told that Hong Kong is the place to go if you have to leave for a weekend. I will suffer quietly

I have only traveled off the continent 2 times (both times to Cuba) and I think spending a week at a resort with all you can eat and drink , does'nt count as real travel. lol So a 12-14 hr flight across to the other side of the world is pushing my travel buttons. Will admit to having some anxiety when it comes to traveling to another part of the world. My vacations have consisted of places I can drive too, so when you've had enough or just ain't feeling it you hit the happy highway.

ok now what the heck do you pack for 2 months ?
I got electronics, laptop, ipod and camera gear all figured out, that's the easy part.

Well all is not lost they have WalMart in China

http://www.wal-martchina.com/promotion/circular/2010/10_011_tab/images/small/p3-p4.jpg

Johnnie Walker is on sale for 10% percent off

2 comments:

  1. lol on the Johnnie Walker & WalMart!

    Having traveled across the ocean a few times it's only normal the anxiety level would be high your first time. Something I did to help out was: while on the airplace spark up a convo with anyone that speaks english..you never know what tips they might have.

    Hugz
    Leslie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your AC adapter or the 220 volts will fry your laptop. Why would you bring electronics to China? You could probably buy an iPod for $2.00
    Isn't that where they're made?...lol
    You should take your "30 day break" in Japan. It's a short flight and you can buy more electronic gadgets!
    Have fun....
    ~Kevin S.

    ReplyDelete